The Natural resources conservation service (NRCS) is a government agency that is tasked with funding various conservation efforts across the United States. The NRCS will pay farmers to implement practices and technologies that help conserve their environment.
Since one of these practices is greenhouse farming, they include a grant called the High Tunnel Grant, under The Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP).
Hortitech Greenhouses have a long list of environmental & societal benefits:
- Steel frame will last generations of farming
- Add months to your growing season
- Protect plants and soil
- Reduce need for pesticides
- Provide your community with fresh produce
- Our 6 and 9 mil gauge plastics are rated for 4 years of growing
These qualities make all of our greenhouses eligible for the High tunnel grant.